What is the best way to convert VOB to MKV? Or, what is the best tool you can use for converting VOB to MKV? There are enough and more tools to accomplish that task.
With a simple internet search, you can find many tools that convert different types of video file formats.
In this guide, let’s explain how to convert VOB to MKV in a professional manner without losing the quality.
Why Do You Wish to Convert VOB to MKV?
Well, you might want to convert a VOB to MKV file so it can be played on a TV. In other words, VOB is a file format that works on media players like TV units.
As you may already know, VOB is a DVD file format. This specific file format doesn’t work on mobile phones or smartphones.
On the other hand, MKV files work on pretty much all the devices you come across today. It is compatible with smartphones, tabs, etc.
So, if you have a VOB file and want to view it on the phone, what can you do? The best solution is to convert the respective VOB to MKV.
PS: let’s learn more about how to convert DAT files to MP4 online.
Part 1: What is the Easiest Way to Convert a VOB to MKV File?
Although there’re plenty of tools to convert a VOB file to MKV format, choosing the right one is important.
In addition to that, it is compatible with more than 1000 other video formats. To make it a more useful app, it comes with a batch conversion feature as well.
One of the main advantages of this tool is that it doesn’t have any size limitations. That means you can add a video file of any size to convert it.
Since this file doesn’t work based on an internet connection, it features excellent speed as well. In fact, it features a 30X faster conversion speed compared to online VOB to MKV converters.
On top of that, it works as a video editor, video downloader, compressor, and DVD burner. So, UniConverter can be the most versatile tool of its kind.
Mentioned below are some of the main features of Wondershare UniConverter.
- This tool can convert VOB to MKV, and over 1000 other formats with no hassle.
- You can use it to convert multiple VOB files to MKV in batches without losing quality.
- You can use it to burn any type of media file to DVD. As a result, they can be played with a DVD player.
- It has preset for optimal conversion (for Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and iDVD).
- You can use it to edit videos using very handy video editing tools. For instance, it can cut, crop, merge, add watermarks, subtitles and add many other tasks.
- It lets you download videos from video-sharing platforms like YouTube and many other sources.
- You can use it to convert DVDs as well, so they can be played on Windows and Mac.
- It is a highly versatile tool with features like a DVD burner, video metadata, GIF-making tool, etc.
- UniConverter has an image converter and a screen recorder as well.
- It is compatible with Windows and macOS.
How to Use UniConverter to Convert VOB to MKV
Before proceeding to the steps to convert VOB to MKV, you should download UniConverter on your computer. Then, get it installed. After launching it, you can start with the following steps.
● Import VOB File
As the first step, you should import the respective VOB file to Wondershare UniConverter. To do that, you should simply click on the import button next to the Video Converter option.
Then, you can browse through your local storage and locate the file. If not, you can simply drag the file and drop it into the VOB to MKV converter.
● Choose the Output Format
Now, please click on the drop-down icon, which is located next to Output Format. Then, choose MKV as the output format (under the Video Category tab).
Please note that this VOB to MKV converter lets you add subtitles as well. All you need is to go to the interface and get the subtitles added. Apart from that, you can perform various editing tasks with this tool.
● Convert VOB to MKV
Click on the button labeled Start All. As a result, you are allowed to convert VOB to MKV. Now, you will notice that this application converts VOB to MKV. There is a progress bar, and it shows the progress of converting the files.
When the progress bar reaches the value of 100%, you can hit the button labeled Finished. As a result, you can find the output files saved on your local drive.
Part 2: Converting VOB to MKV Using an Online Tool
Well, there are some users who don’t want to install extra applications on their computers. This is particularly true if they don’t have a professional task ahead. If you want to convert a video without worrying about stability, you can consider an online tool.
There is no shortage of online VOB to MKV converters today. However, choosing the right kind of tool is exceptionally important for any person. To help you out, mentioned below are some of the most popular VOB to MKV converters that work online.
ConvertFiles is one of the most popular online VOB to MKV converters. It lets you convert VOB files to other formats easily. In addition to that, this website gives you the option of sending a download link. The link can be sent to an email account so you can convert it easily.
Please follow below simple guide to convert VOB to MKV using this online tool.
- First, you should visit ConvertFiles on your computer using a preferred web browser
- After that, you will have to click on the arrow-like icon, which is located under Input Format. Then, go to the option called Video. Then, you are supposed to choose the format called MKV.
- As the final step, you should click on the button labeled Convert as well. Now, the VOB file will be converted into MKV format.
AConvert is another online VOB to MKV converter. You can use it to convert files located on different sources. For instance, it can convert files located on a local drive or even the Cloud. On top of that, it can change the size of the file and parameters like bitrate and framerate.
Please follow below simple steps to convert VOB to MKV.
- First, you should visit the AConvert website. Then, upload the respective VOB file. Just click on the button labeled Browse to locate the VOB file.
- Once you have done that, you should decide on the target format. In this case, please choose MKV. Also, you can choose a location to save the file and change parameters like size, framerate, and bitrate.
- Next, you can click on the button called Convert Now!. As a result, the MKV file will be saved.
03. Online UniConverter
If you don’t want to download any form of additional software on their PC, here’s another option. This special tool can be very handy for those who want to convert only a couple of short and lightweight VOB files. This is a totally free file converter, but the file size is limited to 100MB only.
Apart from that, it can convert many file formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, etc. Moreover, you can do some simple edits and compress those videos if you need them. Please follow below simple guide to convert a VOB file to MKV easily.
- First, you should go to their official website (https://www.media.io/). You may use any browser to do that. After that, you can perform the Drag & Drop option or click on Choose Files. Then, you can browse for the file and choose the file that should be converted.
- After that, you can choose the option called Convert All Files, and that will open a dropdown. Then, you should choose MKV (which is located under the Video tab).
- You can then hit on the Convert button so you can start the conversion process. After that, you can download the files straight to the computer or on Dropbox.
FileZigZag is another online tool that can convert any VOB to MKV format quickly. With the assistance of this tool, however, you can convert only ten files per day. In addition to video files, this tool converts other files such as images and even documents.
Mentioned below is how to perform this task using FileZigZag.
- Visit FileZigZag on any web browser of your preference and click on the option called Browse for Files. Then, you can choose the file that should be uploaded.
- After that, you should convert the respective file and save them to your PC.
You can consider OnlineConvertFree.com as yet another online VOB to MKV converter with decent performance. Just like with previous online converters, this tool too can convert files available on the local drive or the Cloud.
However, compared to other platforms, OnlineConvertFree.com is compatible with more file formats. In fact, it supports more than 200 file formats.
Mentioned below is how to use this online tool to convert VOB to MKV.
- First of all, you should launch your browser and go to the OnlineConvertFree.com website. Then, choose the option labeled Choose File. Then, you can upload the respective video file.
- Now, you should choose the output format, and it should be MKV at this point. As the final step, choose the option called Convert, and the conversion will begin.
FreeConvert.com is another platform that comes with a size limitation of 200MB. However, it supports batch conversion as well.
- With this tool, all you need is to visit FreeConvert.com first. Then, drag the VOB file and drop it into the interface.
- Now, the conversion process will start. Once the conversion is completed, you can download the output file.
Conclusion on How to Convert VOB to MKV
VOB is the abbreviation for Video Object. Basically, it is a multimedia file format that can store video content on DVDs. It has some limitations compared to other file formats.
On the other hand, MKV is an open-source file format that is presented by Matroska. These files can hold a variety of files and have no limitation in storing multimedia content. They are widely used for storing TV shows, movies, etc.
They come with MKV (video with subtitles and audio) and MKA for audio. Also, MK3D represents stereoscopic videos, and MKS files store subtitles.
So, if you want to convert VOB to MKV due to any reason, use any of the tools above.