You will get a funny and exciting visual if you play YouTube videos in reverse. But YouTube doesn’t have a default option to do that.
So, how can you do it? The good news is that there are some practical ways to play YouTube videos in reverse.
The Requirement to Play Youtube Videos in Reverse
Be it a movie, Instagram video, meme, or anything else, videos appear to be creative when they are reversed. Today, many video creators find YouTube a very impressive platform to display reversed videos.
YouTube comprises endless video clips in so many different genres. The mechanism behind the YouTube platform is indeed pretty complex.
That said, only a few know to play YouTube videos backward. Well, the video reverse feature is created for the use of developers.
Part 1: How to Play YouTube Videos Backward Quickly
This section of our article will explain how to play YouTube videos backward. We will be using a couple of third-party tools to accomplish this task. So, go ahead and see how to play YouTube videos in reverse.
Besides, here is the best YouTube to WebM converter.
Kapwing is one of the most comprehensive online tools that can play YouTube videos backward. It can create images, videos, and even GIF images. You can share them on social media as well.
It is perfectly suitable to create pretty much any content. It has trimming, resizing, subtitling, audio adding, and many other options.
Kapwing is a powerhouse that comes as a secure place that can even provide backup features. Whether you are a school student, a video editing professional, or a design agency, Kapwing is a great option. It is compatible with any device and has a very impressive user interface.
Like Kapwing, Clideo also comes as a tool to play YouTube videos backward. It can perform various tasks such as video converting, merging, slideshow making, and so on.
We include this specific tool in our list because of its simple interface and handy features. It is compatible with many video formats like MOV, MPG, VOB, etc. You can also expect high-data protection from this platform.
Softo Ltd. introduces it, And Clideo has a massive user base of over 4.1 million users. In addition, it has also contributed to creating 25 million videos. It is a super-fast platform.
How to Play Youtube Video in Reverse using Clideo
Look at the step-by-step guide that teaches you how to play YouTube videos backward.
- First, you should go to this platform using any web browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Then, you should visit the URL https://clideo.com/reverse-video. After that, you can add the files from your smartphone or PC. To do that, you should go to the option “Choose File.” You can also choose Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube URL by clicking on the drop-down arrow.
- Then, you should paste the URL into the search box, and it will start to process the video.
- Now, the YouTube video will play in reverse mode, and you can also reverse the speed. Different speed levels to choose from (ranging from 0.5X to 2X) make your video more attractive. Also, you can make a preview simply by playing or pausing the timeline.
- If you are satisfied with the option, you should hit the option called “Reverse.” It is located at the right corner of the screen.
- Now, before downloading your video, you can play it for once. You can proceed to download it if you are satisfied. You can now tap the “Download” button. If not, you can go with the “Back to Edit” option.
- So, you can reverse any video from YouTube using Clideo. It also has the watermark removal option.
Part 2. How to Play Youtube Videos in Reverse in a More Creative Manner?
Do you want to know how to play YouTube videos backward more creatively? Well, if you want to do so, the steps are not difficult at all.
Below are tools you can use to download videos before applying those effects.
Without a doubt, Keepvid is one of the most impressive video downloaders in the market. This specific tool can download videos from more than 100 video-sharing platforms, including YouTube. In addition to that, the same can download videos from Facebook, Vevo, Dailymotion, and so on.
With Keepvid, you can watch videos after saving them to your device or PC. Also, it allows you to convert videos into MP3s. It even lets you download videos with entire playlists. It is a lightweight app with a web-based interface.
2.2. YTD Video Downloader
YTD Video Downloader is yet another tool that can download videos from YouTube and convert them. This is an entirely free application that lets you download both video and audio.
This tool can even easily download entire playlists and play them offline. This web-based tool has more than 200 million users across the globe.
Although it is named YouTube Downloader, it is compatible with many other video-sharing platforms. For instance, it works with Vimeo, Metacafe, etc. It even downloads videos with 1080p quality at an impressive speed.
Part 3. Reversing Downloaded Videos with a Professional Editing Tool
Do you want to add some professional effects to a downloaded video apart from reversing it? If yes, all you need is Wondershare Filmora.
That is a powerhouse packed with plenty of effects and features to edit videos easily. It will help you create awesome videos. This is a powerful platform on which you can create an unlimited number of videos. You can edit videos with Filmora to bring life to your videos.
Filmora also has a free version, allowing you to access plenty of amazing effects. For instance, it can add ripple effect, video reverse, trim videos, flip, zoom, and so on. It also has the option of removing audio from your videos.
3.1. How to Play Youtube Videos Backward using Filmora
If you want to know how to use Filmora and play YouTube videos in reverse, here’s how to do it. Please download the free version of Filmora and install it on your device before proceeding with the steps.
- First, launch Filmora on your device and choose File from the main interface. Then, go to New Project from the drop-down screen.
- Now, click on the Import Media option, which will let you import YouTube videos. You can import files or folders using the drop-down menu.
- Now the video will be included in the media library. Right-click on the respective file and choose the option called Speed and Duration.
- Now, tick on the Reverse Speed option and click OK to proceed.
- That will play the respective video backward. The progress of the respective process will be displayed separately.
- Add filters and effects to the video using its built-in options and make your video a unique one.
- After that, you must click Export and save the file in the desired location. Also, Filmora allows you to upload created videos to YouTube and other social media apps.
3.2. Tips to Consider when Reversing Videos
Below are some of the most important tips to consider when reversing videos.
3.2.1. Add Filters & Effects
you can add various filters and effects ranging from Mosaic to Amaro. That will bring more uniqueness to the video. The good news is that Filmora comes with more than 200 filters and various other effects.
3.2.2. Audio Enhancements
We shouldn’t avoid the importance of audio when editing videos. Having the correct type of audio brings more attention and value to the video.
You can use Filmora to add or enhance the videos’ audio effects, which is very handy. For instance, you can use folk, rock, sentimental, and many other effects.
3.2.3. Add Transitions
There is no shortage of videos on YouTube. So, if you want to make your video unique, you should add many effects, including transitions. You can add 3D effects as well as slideshow effects. Well, there are more than 230 transitions to add if you want.
3.2.4. Video Editing
You can trim, cut, merge, flip, crop, delete, and even watermark videos if necessary. So, you can try some special tricks and make your videos look unique.
The Bottom Line
Thanks to tools like YTD, downloading videos has become exceptionally easy. There are many ways to download videos. They also let you download videos from many different websites.
However, if you intend to add more effects to your downloaded videos, you can use Filmora. That highly versatile tool can add many beautiful effects to your video.
The same tool can be used to play YouTube videos backward. Also, that tool can edit videos seamlessly, giving them a professional look.