iPhone locked connect to iTunes is an error message that can make any user frustrated at once. No doubt that you might feel really annoyed if you face such an issue.
Well, being an iPhone user, it is always handy for you to know how to address such an issue.
In fact, the solutions you can use to fix iPhone locked connection to iTunes will depend on the cause. Some users experience this issue due to a disabled iPhone, while others experience it because of a forgotten password.
Also, it can appear if the device is unlocked, but iTunes can still ask for the password. Regardless of the reasons, this article explains how to overcome this issue and use your iPhone normally.
We explain six effective methods so you can go for the most appropriate solution that matches your situation.
Solution 1: Unlock Your Device using iTunes to Fix iPhone Locked Connect to iTunes Issue
If you see an “iPhone locked connect to iTunes” message, you can use iTunes to unlock the device. This can be considered one of the most basic solutions you can try to address this issue.
However, this method works only if you remember the iPhone passcode, and there is a backup of it.
- First, connect your locked iOS device to the PC. Please note that it should be already synchronized with the same iPhone. Be sure to use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Then, go to the option called “Sync,” which is located in iTunes, and provide the exact passcode. It should be entered when it is prompted to unlock the device. This will create a backup of the iPhone to the PC.
- Now, you should choose the option called “Restore” so you can restore your iPhone. Choose the most recent backup to restore it.
Once again, if the locked phone is not already synchronized with iTunes, this method won’t work.
Solution 2: Use iCloud and Perform a Factory Reset on the Locked iOS Device
As mentioned before, some users experience an “iPhone locked connect to iTunes” error due to forgotten passcode. If that’s the case with you, just perform a factory reset so the device will be unlocked. To do this, you are required to use iCloud and get rid of the passcode.
Mentioned below are the steps you should use to factory reset your device through iCloud.
- First of all, you should find a different device and visit the URL icloud.com/find. Then, locate the “Find My iPhone” feature on the interface and click on the option called “Device“.
- Now, you should choose your locked iPhone (which is attached to the PC) from the list. Then, choose the option called “Erase iPhone“. Now, the locked iPhone will get erased, and the passcode too will be removed from the device.
- That’s it. You should restore the latest backup through iCloud now. As a result, you can easily reset the passcode of the locked iOS device.
Solution 3: If There Are Old Devices on Your iTunes, Remove Them
As we have noticed, this error can appear due to an error in iTunes itself. Well, you should check if the respective iTunes account has five devices under the “Devices” section. If yes, you cannot connect another device to the same iTunes account.
That is because the maximum number of connections permitted by iTunes is 5, and you cannot go beyond that. So, the solution, in this case, is to erase older devices that are not frequently used.
So, mentioned below is how to perform this action.
- First, you should launch iTunes on the PC and click on the option called “Account“. Then, from the drop-down, you should choose “View My Account” to proceed.
- Once you are at the account information screen, click on the option called “Manage Devices“.
- Then, you should click on the option called “Remove“, located next to the device you intend to remove.
- Once the process is completed, you should restart iTunes and see if the problem is solved.
- If the problem persists, you should try the next solution.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to factory reset an iPad without an iCloud password effortlessly.
Solution 4: Use Recovery Mode to Fix iPhone Locked Connect to iTunes
What if the device is not synced with an iTunes account before? If that’s the case, you can try restoring the device through Recovery Mode. If you don’t know how to do that, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
First, you should close your iTunes account and connect the faulty device to the same PC. Then, launch iTunes.
After that, you should perform a force restart on the device. To do that, you can press the Volume Down button with the Side button simultaneously and hold them. Keep holding the buttons until you see the notification related to the connection on iTunes.
You should click on the option called “Update” on iTunes now. It will then reinstall the firmware package without necessarily causing a data loss on the device. Please note that the download process might take some time. You should then set up the device.
Also, for people who are experiencing The macOS Installation Couldn’t be Completed issue, click to fix it easily now.
For some users, the iPhone locked connect to iTunes error can occur if they’ve logged into too many computers. Although you can use iTunes on several different computers simultaneously, the library will differ from one another. Because of this matter, you will have to deauthorize the idle computers from iTunes.
To go with that method, follow the steps mentioned below.
- If you are using a Mac, launch an app like Music, Apple Books, or Apple TV on it. If it is a PC, launch iTunes straightaway.
- Now, go to the option called “Account” and choose “Authorizations“. Then, select “Deauthorize This Computer“.
- You should now sign in using the Apple ID and go to its “Account” information. Scroll the screen down and find “Apple ID Summary“. You can see all the authorized computers listed there.
- Choose the option called “Deauthorize“, and that will remove the PC you intend to deauthorize.
In addition, if you wonder how to delete purchase history on iPhone (on iTunes), you will find the answer here & learn more about how to delete apps permanently.
None of the methods have worked for you? Don’t worry. Here’s the ultimate solution to address this issue and use your iPhone. All of the above methods we presented are linked with iTunes.
If you want to go for an option that doesn’t involve iTunes, here’s a professional method. This method requires you to use a professional application called Tenorshare 4uKey.
Tenorshare 4uKey is designed with a very smart algorithm that can penetrate and remove the lock of your iPhone. Thanks to the power of this tool, it doesn’t need your iPhone to be synchronized with iTunes. With this tool, you don’t worry about how to unlock your iPhone when the screen is broken.
4uKey is a user-friendly tool that can remove the security locks of your iPhone quickly and conveniently. That said, mentioned below are the main benefits of Tenorshare 4uKey.
- You don’t need to have the passcode of the device to unlock it using 4uKey.
- It can get through any iPhone lock (including 4-digit/6-digit passcode, Touch ID, and even Face ID.
- You can use this tool to unlock any iPhone even if the screen is broken or completely disabled.
- Simplified, convenient, and fast steps with an excellent success rate.
- Once the device is removed from the iCloud account, you can configure it as a new device.
- Unlocked devices can even be assigned to a new iCloud or Apple ID.
How to Fix “iPhone Locked Connect to iTunes” using 4uKey
- First, install and launch the 4uKey application on your PC. Then, select the option called “Unlock iOS Screen” to proceed.
- You can then click on the option “Start Remove“.
- Click on “Next” after connecting the device to the PC. Be sure to use genuine, undamaged USB cables to connect the device. Then, be sure to have the faulty device connected to the same PC until the process is completed. Also, you must put your iPhone into “Recovery Mode” or “DFU Mode” to get it detected.
- Now, your device will be detected by the program. Then, you should click on “Download” so you can download the firmware package to proceed with the unlocking.
- Once the firmware package is completely downloaded, go to “Start to Remove” and give it some time.
- You should click on the “Start to Remove” button so the unlocking process will be started.
- Be patient for a couple of minutes so 4uKey will do the job. You will be notified once the lock removal is done. That’s it. Your device’s lock is successfully removed, and you can set it as a new one.
So, those are the six solutions you should try if you encounter an “iPhone locked connect to iTunes” error. You can either use the basic solutions or a professional solution (Tenorshare 4uKey) to overcome the issue. If you know more ways to fix such issues (what if the iPad keeps freezing), please share them with us.