How to use 2 headphones on a PC? Is it even possible? The good news is that there are practical workarounds to make it happen. This article will explain those methods for those who want to use two headphones on one PC.
It’s a bummer to share a headphone jack or use speakers instead of headphones. Some people may enjoy the auditory effect headphones produce.
On the other hand, others may prefer the anonymity they provide. Is it either that or there must be a way to link two headphones to a PC?
As mentioned before, two headphones can be connected to your PC in a few different ways. You can use this guide to connect two headphones.
How to Use 2 Headphones on a PC?
Practically, a laptop with two audio jacks is nearly impossible to come by nowadays. A part of the laptop design optimization was this. When you have a companion with you, it’s not practical to listen to all of your music through speakers.
In problem-solving, it is now possible to connect and start using two headphones simultaneously. As a result, we’ve included the various approaches to connecting two pairs of headphones below for your convenience.
PS: if you are looking for the best headphones for glasses wearers, you should check out this article.
01. Using Two Bluetooth Headphones
It’s impossible to connect two Bluetooth headsets to the PC simultaneously. If you want to connect two Bluetooth headsets to your computer, various options are available.
Well, using a wired and Bluetooth headphone jack is the simplest method. Your PC’s Bluetooth must be turned on for you to plug in the wired headphones.
After Connecting Both Your Wired & Bluetooth Headphones, You Can Follow the Steps Below.
- As the first step, you should access the PC’s control panel.
- After that, you should go to the “Sound” option.
- After that, you should click on the “Recording Tab” in the window. That will bring a new popup menu.
- It is always possible to right-click and designate “Stereo Mix” as the “Default Device.”
- The Listen tab is now open.
- In the “Listen to this device” area, choose the device you want to listen to the audio on.
You can use this method to connect two pairs of headphones simultaneously. However, there’s a slight delay in the playback of audio in the primary & secondary headphones as a result. Changing the volume on the second headphone may be difficult. To connect your wired & Bluetooth headphones, this approach is best suited.
Is it unable to locate the option called Stereo Mix? If that’s the case, on the PC, you can try searching for the Recording tab.
Additionally, there’ll be the “Show connected devices” and “Show disconnected devices” boxes. Assume that you’re unable to locate these settings on your PC. If so, it is safe to assume that the PC does not allow you to connect two headphones.
Besides, here are the top 10 gaming headsets with voice changers for your reference.
Another Method to Connect Two Headphones on a PC
Mentioned below is another method to connect two headphones to one PC. You can use this method and give it a try.
Well, you can consider this method to connect two wireless headsets. Using an audio mixer, you can link two Bluetooth headphones together. With the audio mixer, you can choose which exact Bluetooth headsets will be connected to automatically.
You don’t need to follow complicated instructions to start your audio mixer. You may need to purchase one of the many audio mixers on the market and follow the instructions. The instructions are found in the user manual to connect it.
In order to connect this audio mixer, you’ll need third-party software, as detailed in your mixer’s user manual.
Do you want to connect more Bluetooth headsets to the PC simultaneously? If so, there isn’t a better solution available right now.
As a very impressive device for audio quality, the audio mixer handles the EQ of all Bluetooth headphones automatically. And that’s the other method for those who wonder how to use 2 headphones on a PC.
02. Change the Settings of the PC
Here’s another method for those who wonder how to use 2 headphones on a PC. Well, laptops with two headphone jacks are believed to be compatible with this strategy.
Just like when you link a wired headset and a Bluetooth headphone, there is one additional step. That is mentioned at the end of these steps. These instructions will let you set up and use two headsets on a computer.
So, keep reading these steps if you want to learn how to use 2 headphones on a PC.
- Launch your PCs control panel
- After that, you should go to the option called “Sound.”
- You can get the “Recording” Tab under that. Just go ahead and click on it.
- Now, you should see an option called “Stereo Mix.” Perform a right-click on it so you can find the option called “Default Device.”
- After that, you should click on the option called “Listen.”
- You can select the device you intend to use as the audio output. It can be found in the option called “Listen to this device.”
- Then, you can open the “Advanced” option that appears as a tab.
- Now, you can see a box with a checkmark. It says “Allow Applications…..”
- Now, you can click on the option called “Apply.” After that, you can save those changes.
Using this strategy, you can connect two playback devices simultaneously and then play the music without a hitch. If you’re using a second headset, be prepared for a delay in audio playback.
And that’s one more method for those wondering how to use 2 headphones on a PC.
How to Use Two Headphones on a PC to Listen to Audio Through Different Programs
While using Skype, you may have had to adjust your speaker or headphones. Similarly, we’ll be designing playback devices for a small number of applications here.
To play audio from the app called “Movies & TV,” you’ll need to connect a speaker. Then, you’ll need to attach headphones so you can play sound through Firefox or Chrome.
In basic terms, allowing particular apps to use a double headset is possible. If not, you can use any other playback device on a PC for additional sound output.
- First, perform a right-click on the sound icon in your taskbar.
- Go to the option called “Settings.”
- Now, it is possible to adjust the app’s volume and your phone’s settings.
- Now that you’ve opened the settings window, all your open programs will be listed. To change your playback device, look for software. Directly adjacent to that is the Output drop-down option.
It’s now time to check out all of the devices that are attached to your computer. Please pick a device from the list below.
It is always important to remember that Windows will preserve the software’s preferred playback devices. That’s why launching the appliance will always use the saved headset or speakers to play the sound.
By choosing a playback option for alternative programs or software, you can use two headsets directly on Windows 10.
Connecting Headphones on Your Mac
You can use any of the abovementioned ways to connect two headphones to your Windows PC. So, that’s what you should know if you wonder how to use two headphones on a PC.
This section explains how to use 2 headphones on a Mac. Because it is much easier to connect several headphones in MAC, this is a big advantage for MAC.
To attach the headphones, follow these instructions.
- First, you should search for the term “Applications.” You can search for them in the finder.
- Select the option called “Utilities.”
- Then, you can select the option called “Audio Midi”
- After that, you can click on the option that appears with a “+” button. It is located on the bottom left. After that, you should select the option “Create Multi-Outputs Device.”
- Once you have done that, launch the option “Use this device….”
- Now that you have the devices you wish to access, it is time to check them out. Go ahead and tick the appropriate box.
- Right-click the Master device on your right-hand side and choose it.
- Drift Connections can be checked now, and the Slave Device can be selected.
- The Sound pane can now be accessed simply by entering the system’s options menu.
- Select its Output tab in the next step.
- Go ahead & select your newly formed multi-Output device.
Using this method, you can connect two Bluetooth headphones and wired headphones. If not, you can even connect both Bluetooth and wired headphones at the same time.
Alternative Methods to Connect Two Headphones on One PC
Here are other alternatives if you wonder how to use 2 headphones on a PC.
● Get the Help of a Splitter
Using a headphone splitter, you’ll have found an answer to your dilemma. Connect multiple headphones to one device using this headphone splitter. When you look at the splitter, you can see how it connects with ease.
Plugging the splitter into your PC’s audio jack may be all you need to do. Now that the splitter exists, your headphones will have multiple ports to plug into. Listening to music on several wired headphones is now possible.
It is named a Y splitter if the headset splitter includes two ports where you can connect your headphones. Multiple headphone splitters are used when there are multiple ports. Audio delays will not be a problem if you use headphones splitters. A splitter’s only shortcoming is the lack of an extension.
● Use a Third-Party App
You can use a third-party app to use 2 headphones on one PC. So, you can download the application you prefer and install it. Then, configure the headphones. The steps can vary based on the application.
So, that is exactly how to use 2 headphones on a PC. If you have other questions related to this matter, please let us know, and we will help you.