Knowing how to check computer history on web browsers can be handy for any PC user on various occasions.
Well, if you are new to checking the history of your PC, here’s an article with complete guidance.
How to Check Computer History?
In fact, there is no rocket science behind checking the history of your computer’s web browsers. You have different types of web browsers installed on your PC, and the methods might differ slightly.
So, there are some specific steps you should follow to acquire the right kind of information. That said, mentioned below are those steps for those who wonder how to check computer history.
PS: let’s learn more about how to perform the Sprint text message history hack.
Google Chrome – How to Check Computer History on Google Chrome
First, let’s take a look at the steps to check the browsing history of Google Chrome.
- First, you should open Google Chrome and go to the menu bar. That will show all the Menu bars that are currently opened.
- Now, please go to the option called “History” from the menu bar. Once you click on it, you can see all the recent activities performed through the browser.
The same result can be achieved using a keyboard shortcut as well if you like. In that case, all you need is to press both “Ctrl” and “H” simultaneously. If not, you can even enter the text “chrome://history/” on Google Chrome’s search bar.
Choose whatever method suits you and go for it.
Also, let’s figure out how to check computer history effortlessly.
Checking the Download History of Google Chrome
Here are the steps to check the download history of Google Chrome.
- Click on the three-dotted icon located at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- Once the menu is opened, choose the option called “Downloads” so the recent downloads will be visible.
- If you prefer using a keyboard shortcut, just press “Ctrl” + “J” on the keyboard.
Besides, if you are wondering how to Chromecast Safari from Mac or iPhone, this guide you should check out.
Safari – Viewing the History of Safari Browser
Now, let’s learn how to check computer history on the Safari browser.
- You can simply go to the menu option located at the top of the screen and choose “History.”
- Once the drop-down menu appears, choose the option called “Show All History” as well. You will be able to see the pages you have recently visited with this step.
In addition, if you are experiencing the Err_File_Not_Found Error on Chrome, here are the top solutions for you.
Viewing the Download History of the Safari Browser
Here’s how to check the download history of the Safari browser.
- Click on the option called “View” on the menu bar.
- Now, select the option called “Show Downloads,” which is located in the drop-down menu. Then, you will be able to see all the downloads that are done through the Safari browser.
In addition, if you are looking for the best web browser for Android TV, you should check out this guide.
Mozilla Firefox – How to View the History of Mozilla Firefox
Just follow simple steps to view the history of Mozilla Firefox.
- First, you should choose the browser menu located at the top-right corner of the window. Then, go to the option called “History.”
- In order to check the history of your browser, be sure to attach it to the sidebar. You can do it simply by clicking on the menu and choosing “view history sidebar.”
- You can accomplish the same outcome by typing Ctrl + H on the keyboard as a shortcut.
How to Check the Download History of Mozilla Firefox
- First, you should click on the “Downloads” button, which is located in the toolbar.
- Then, click on “Show All Downloads,” which is located at the bottom of your screen. Then, you can view the download history of the browser.
Microsoft Edge – How to Check Computer History on Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is another well-known browser, and let’s learn how to check its history.
- First, click the star-shaped icon, which represents the HUB.
- Click on the icon that has the appearance of a backward clock (it is located in History). Doing so will give access to all the recent activities.
- You can do the same by pressing Ctrl + H keys on the keyboard.
Checking the Download History of Microsoft Edge
- Click on the star-shaped icon (Hub).
- Click on the icon that appears like a down arrow. It will show all the current and past downloads.
Internet Explorer – Checking the Browsing History of Internet Explorer
It is true that Internet Explorer is a pretty old browser, but some individuals still use it. Let’s learn how to check computer history on Internet Explorer.
- On the menu bar, click on the View option. Then, select the explorer bar as well. After that, select “History.”
- Well, Internet Explorer’s browser history will be visible in chronological order. But if you need to alter it, you can do so. That means you can arrange the items by name or frequently used. In addition to that, it allows you to search for an item using a particular keyword as well.
- If you press Ctrl + Shift + H, you can open the history of Internet Explorer.
How to Check the Download History of Internet Explorer
- As the first step, you should go to the “Tools” icon located on your toolbar.
- Then, click on the option called “View Downloads.” If not, you can use Ctrl + J key combination.
Opera – Checking the Browsing History of Opera
Please just follow below simple guide to view the history of the Opera Browser.
- First, you should launch the Menu located on the top bar and go to History.
- Or, you can simply use the “Ctrl” + “H” key combination.
- Once you are in the history window, you can easily check the browser data. This data is divided into different blocks based on the respective dates.
How to Check Opera’s Download History
Now, let’s see how to see the download history of Opera.
- First, you should open the “Menu” located on the top bar.
- After that, click on “Downloads” so you can check the download history without any issue.
Is It Possible to View Someone’s Browsing History Using a Different Computer?
In this section of our article, let’s learn how to check the computer history of someone else. In fact, if you use the correct tool, it is totally possible to check the browsing history. So, finding the correct tool is the key here. In this case, we tested a third-party professional software tool called MoniVisor.
Below is how to check the computer history of another user with MonoVisor. In fact, using this method is way easier compared to manual methods. So, let’s learn how to do it.
- First, you should sign up for a MoniVisor account using their official website. Then, you should buy a specific plan that can serve your requirements and budget. This step is mandatory to get all the features of this application to be activated.
- After creating an account and purchasing a plan, you will be able to see the My Products page. Click on the option called “Setup Guide.” Then, you should follow the onscreen instructions to install your software and complete the process.
- Now, you should log into the account using the computer. Then, you will gain access to the online dashboard of this platform. In the respective dashboard, all the activities take place on the target user’s PC. That means it can even monitor their download and browsing history regardless of the browser they use.
Well, MoniVisor is an excellent tool that can check all the internet activities of a given target device. Since it can check the activities remotely, it can be considered a very handy tool specifically for parents.
Mentioned Below Are the Points That Make MoniVisor a Prominent Option.
- It can track all the browsing history of browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc.
- It gives you the option of tracking all the web URLs and links and checking the contents.
- After installing MoniVisor on the target PC, you can check the deleted browsing history as well.
- Apart from the browsing history, this tool allows you to check the downloaded data too.
- The target PC user will not detect MoniVisor on their computer thanks to its stealth mode.
In addition to that, MoniVisor can easily detect all the activities, including social media, emails, etc. Also, it can even track keystrokes and save screenshots of specific activities. You can view all that data through a remote computer.
So, that’s how to check computer history. We also showed a way to check the computer history remotely. If you have other opinions, we are happy to hear from you.