Learning how to cast a phone to Chromebook can be really handy for any modern-day smartphone user. There are instances in which it is much better to watch our smartphone’s content on bigger screens.
Regardless of the reasons, in this article, we explain how to do that with ease.
A Chromebook is a lightweight, portable computer that uses Google Chrome as its operating system. It is similar to a tablet or laptop in many ways.
Chromebook is there for us when we need to accomplish specific jobs or view documents on a larger screen.
In this post, you’ll learn how to mirror your phone to a Chromebook in a few simple steps.
Instances to Mirror Your Smartphone to a Chromebook
Chromebook mirroring is useful for several reasons. They can even be used in a variety of settings, from the home to the office.
- When watching movies with someone else, you can mirror your phone to a Chromebook.
- A Chromebook’s improved view makes it easier to examine files and read books.
- It’s possible to use a Chromebook to play a presentation for yourself or others at work.
- Additionally, meetings are simplified, and time is saved, which in turn boosts productivity in the workplace.
- The Chromebook’s screen can be mirrored so that everyone in the same premises/space works simultaneously.
PS: let’s figure out how to screen mirror on PS4 from the smartphone.
How to Cast Phone to Chromebook using USB Connectivity
As far as Chromebook screen mirroring goes, there are a number of ways to accomplish this.
Mirroring your phone using a USB cord is the easiest way to avoid having to go through the hassle. This method, in fact, eliminates the requirement of setting up and installing various apps. To enjoy a luxurious screen mirroring experience on your Chromebook, simply follow these simple steps.
Screen mirroring from an iPhone to a Chromebook can also include editing functions, for example. In that case, a USB cable was required.
- Connect your phone to the USB port on your Chromebook. After that, connect your phone to the other end of the cord. This is a pop-up that appears right away and allows you to view your media. iPhone screen mirroring begins with this.
- You’re almost thereafter selecting the “Allow” option.
- Your smartphone or Chromebook will be able to see what you’re doing on both ends of the connection.
- You’ll find a tab labeled “Apple iPhone” on your left-hand side screen of the Chromebook Files app. All of your iPhone’s images and movies can be accessed on a Chromebook.
- All-in-one solution: This allows you to mirror and transfer media from the iPhone to your Chromebook.
- This is the quickest and easiest way to transfer your iPhone’s screen to a Chromebook. It saves users from the time-consuming and tedious process of installing programs and going into developer mode. Instead, it gets the job done quickly and reliably. So, that’s how to cast the phone to Chromebook using a USB cable.
How to Cast Phone to Chromebook using Professional Tools
There are some incredible tools you can use if you wonder how to cast a phone to Chromebook. Mentioned below are what those tools are and how to use them.
Mentioned below is the most impressive tool on this list. Namely, it is Tenorshare Phone Mirror, and it is known in the industry for the convenience it delivers. It is an excellent option no matter whether you want it for a presentation or entertainment.
Mentioned below is how to use it.
- Download Tenorshare Phone Mirror on the PC and install it. Then, open the program to proceed.
- After that, you should connect the respective Android device to the same PC using a USB cable. And then please follow up the on-screen user guide to enable USB debugging on your Android phone.
- After granting the required permissions to the Phone Mirror app, please click on the mirror button to proceed. After that, you will see your Android device is mirrored perfectly.
- Now, you are able to control your Android phone with a mouse and keyboard on a PC. This tool supports up to 5 smartphones connecting at one time.
- That’s how to cast a phone to a Chromebook using Tenorshare Phone Mirror. Once you have done that, you can enjoy any of your mobile content on the big screen. The best thing is that it allows you to control the content using a mouse and keyboard.
Note: Tenorshare Phone Mirror is now unable to mirror Android with audio.
02. How to Cast Phone to Chromebook via Chrome Remote Desktop
With the assistance of the Remote Desktop feature of Chrome, you can view other devices’ screens on the Chromebook. If not, you can even view your Chromebook’s screen on other devices.
That said, here’s how to cast a phone to Chromebook using this feature.
- Log on to the remote computer. Both your smartphone and Chromebook have access to Google/support.
- Switch to +Generate Code on the gadget that you wish to mirror.
- A 12-digit code will be generated on the Chromebook as a result of this action.
- Enter that code into your phone under the option called “Connect to another computer“. After that, click on the Connect option.
- In the next window that appears after you enter the code that provides permissions, click on Share.
- You must be able to mirror your phone or Chromebook’s screen from afar using this method.
- No internet connection is required for this method. Also, the second device can even be controlled straight from this one. It’s also possible to see and hear the sounds of other devices thanks to Chromebook’s mirror display.
03. How to Cast Phone to Chromebook Using Vysor
With Vysor, you can use Chromebook screen mirroring to its full potential. Using your Chromebook and the app’s powerful functionality, you may remotely control your Android phone or tablet.
As soon as you launch the app, your Android screen will appear on the Chromebook, mirroring your phone’s activity. In essence, it’s a Chromebook remote control for your smartphone, but with a unique twist.
Vysor should only be installed on Chromebooks, not mobile devices. Open the app and select View from the available devices on the device list. Keep your Chromebook with your phone connected to the exact Wi-Fi network. That is required to ensure that you can access the Internet.
The following is another approach. To get started, simply follow these steps.
- Visit the Vysor website. Don’t you want to install the program? No problem; you may use the fine option of adding Vysor as a Chrome extension.
- Select “Add to Chrome” from the drop-down menu on the website.
- When you’re done, go back to the main screen. Vysor has been added to the toolbar as an extension. In a matter of seconds, you can access it.
- In order to make things easier, you can install the Vysor on the smartphone or Chromebook. After that, follow the procedures outlined in this post.
- The Vysor app can be opened simultaneously on both devices while connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After that, you can begin using the app immediately.
04. Use AirDroid to Mirror Your Smartphone to Chromebook
In addition, to file management as well as screen mirroring, AirDroid is a popular program. From your Chromebook, you can do many things like editing and controlling your phone.
You may accomplish a lot of things when using the file management program on a larger screen. The screen mirroring capability has been added to the app several times during the course of its evolution.
That said, let’s learn how to cast a phone to Chromebook using this specific method.
- To begin, you’ll need to create an account. This may be accomplished with virtually any gadget you own. After installation, both devices must be connected to the same network.
- You should also create an Android ID before installing apps on both devices.
- Screen mirroring is recommended to avoid any unexpected events.
- Ensure that both of those devices are connected to the same internet service provider. As a result, connecting is made simpler.
- You will be given a QR code. You’re supposed to scan it on your Chromebook in order to continue.
- Copy the IP address displayed on the Chromebook. After that, ensure that you type in the identical IP address found on your PC without any typos. If not, you’ll have issues with the screen mirroring the Chromebook’s display.
- The mirroring process will commence as soon as the devices have been recognized by one another.
A Comparison of the Five Methods We Have Mentioned Above
● USB Method
Screen mirroring is a breeze with the USB solution. The USB cord is supported by many devices, even though you may need an adaptor if using a Chromebook that does not accept the USB cable.
When it comes to screen mirroring for Android devices, one of the better options is Tenorshare Phone Mirror. Mirror your phone’s screen to a Chromebook with ease with Tenorshare Phone Mirror’s sophisticated technology.
● Remote Desktop
With a remote desktop, you can share your screen across two locations, even if you’re using different internet connections.
There is a free and a premium version of Vysor. With the free version, you’re limited to just a few options. Additionally, both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Additionally, you may not even need to download the app and simply add the respective extension to the toolbar.
While screen mirroring, AirDroid is an excellent choice. Android also allows for audio playback, file syncing, and a slew of other useful features. A website or an extension can also be used in this way.
Frequently Asked Questions
01. How Can I Mirror a Chromebook to My TV?
This will necessitate the use of an HDMI cable.
- Connect your TV & device with an HDMI connection. It is important to keep in mind that certain Chromebooks lack an HDMI connection. So, in that case, you’ll need an adaptor to hook up your HDMI cable.
- Then, on your television, locate the correct video input and plug in your wires. Between HDMI 1 and 2, there is a port for this.
- Go to the Chromebook’s “Settings” menu and select the “Devices” option in the left-hand section.
- A new page is shown on the screen. Once you’ve selected “Displays“, you’ll be able to continue.
- When you’ve finished connecting the Chromebook to a TV, the option called “Mirror Built-in Display” appears.
02. How to Display the Content of My Smartphone on My Chromebook?
You can connect your Chromebook to your phone by USB or other apps during screen mirroring. In order to use this feature, you must scan QR codes and be connected to the same internet connection.
If not, you can identify yourself when installing the same app. Additionally, IP address confirmation removes the phone’s display and the connection to the Chromebook altogether.
03. Is It Possible to Connect Your Smartphone to the Chromebook?
Install Tenorshare Phone Mirror, Vysor, or AirDroid on your Android phone. After that, you should follow the procedures outlined above to use Chromebook screen mirroring. Apps also provide you remote access to your phone and the ability to do a variety of tasks.
So, that’s all about how to cast a phone to Chromebook.
04. Is it Possible to Hear the Audio Through Chromebook with Vysor?
It is true that Vysor is indeed a versatile program that may be used for a variety of purposes. When audio is enabled, you can hear what’s on the Chromebook’s screen. Also, you can see what’s on the Chromebook’s screen.
It is true that the globe has become more and more of a village. So, people’s need to communicate, interact, and be in sync while seated near together has grown in importance. In such a scenario, learning how to cast a phone to Chromebook can be important.
Accessing information is a cinch with a Chromebook mirror and the materials in your hands. So, you will have to find ways to prevent problems and technicalities.
If you wonder how to cast a phone to Chromebook, with no hassle, solutions like Tenorshare Phone Mirror become incredibly handy.