Some Windows customers have recently reported that the 0xc0000006 issue prevents starting programs from a network disk. Flaws have long plagued the Windows operating system; this is only the latest in the series.
However, the good news is that a considerable number of individuals were able to fix the problem. The most viable solutions to address status_in_page_error are mentioned in this article.
In a nutshell, if you want to fix status_in_page_error, this article can be considered a guide.
What Is Exactly 0xc0000006 Error?
Those who spend much time in Visual Studio are more likely to run across 0xc0000006 errors. Additionally, it may be seen in MS Excel and Word. It is true that this issue has also been known to occur with locally stored executable files.
However, it is most often associated with users attempting to run a particular script using a network storage drive.
The software, application, or script isn’t started when you click on the executable file. Instead, you’ll get a dialog box that contains an error message that starts with “0xc0000006”.
Assume that you try to execute an application from a network disk. If that’s the case, too protective or a strict virus guard or firewall may generate a false positive. That will eventually lead to this error. Inconsistencies in system files may also cause this error.
Moreover, the 0xc0000006 error has also been linked to registry errors, particularly those involving the AppInst DLLs key.
The Best Solution to Fix Status_In_Page_Error and Many Other Errors
There are various methods to address this error. However, the most effective method is to use DriverFix. With this program, you can avoid hardware failures and software problems by keeping your drivers updated.
Just follow these three simple steps to make sure you have the latest versions of all of your drivers.
- First, you should download the “Driver Easy” application through their official page to begin the process.
- Now, install it and launch it to see the main screen. After that, you should click on the “Scan Now” button. That will detect all the problematic drivers in the system.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Update All“. That will download all the drivers (their latest and most appropriate version).
That will fix plenty of other errors in your system.
Other Solutions Fix 0xc0000006 error on Your Operating System
Below are the other solutions you can use to fix the 0xc0000006 error on your system.
Solution 1: Perform a Clean Boot on Your Windows to Fix 0xc0000006 Status_In_Page_Error
As the first alternative, you should try a clean boot on Windows. The 0xc0000006 issue may be caused by antivirus software that is in disagreement. Use the Windows and R keys to bring up the “Run” utility.
- Afterward, enter the text “msconfig” in the elevated run command. Then, you should click on “OK” or hit “Enter” to open a separate window.
- In that, you should choose the option called “Selective Startups Item“.
- Then, you are supposed to deselect the option called “Load startup services” to proceed. Then, you should select “Use Original boots configuration” as well. Both of those options appear in the form of checkboxes.
- Now, you should select the option called “Services Tab“. Then, you should select the option “Hide all Microsoft services“.
- Then, you should click on the option called “Disable All“. That will deselect the third-party applications that are installed in your system.
- Now, you should select the option called “Apply“.
- After that, you should press “OK” to exit that window to proceed.
- You are supposed to perform a Restart on the system, so the changes will be applied.
Solution 2: Uninstall Any Third-party Virus Guards in Your System
If the previous solution didn’t work, you could try this one as a good alternative. It’s possible that reinstalling Windows may solve the problem.
However, if it doesn’t, you’ll have to identify what third-party application or service is causing error 0xc000006. The conflicting software might have been your antivirus program.
Uninstall the antivirus software and then revert to your default boot settings. This should work.
To launch Programs and Features, type appwiz.cpl into the Run box. Then go to the Control Panel applet and uncheck the box to remove the third-party antivirus software. After that, use MSConfig to revert to the default boot settings and restart your desktop or laptop.
Solution 3: Perform an SFC to Fix 0xc0000006 Status_In_Page_Error
If you have yet to succeed with the above methods, you can also try this one. As per this method, you can perform an SFC.
If you are interested in it, learn how to do it. According to some users, this method has successfully fixed status_in_page_error.
With this method, you can repair potentially corrupted system files. If the error is about corrupted system files, you can expect this method to fix it easily. Let’s give it a try.
- To start this process, you should go to the search feature on your Windows. To do that, you can press both Windows and S keys at once as a shortcut.
- Now, please enter the text CMD in the given box. That will display several options, and you should choose the one that defines Command Prompt.
- You should open the command prompt with additional privileges. In this case, you should click on the option “Run as Administrator” so the CMD window will open.
- Now, enter the following command in the elevated command prompt.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Once you have done that, hit the “Enter” key to proceed.
- After that, please enter the text “SFC /scannow” to proceed. After that, please hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard to run the scan.
- This will repair some of the files that are potentially corrupted. Then, you can restart the computer so the effects will take place.
Solution 4: Change the Registry to Fix 0xc0000006 Status_In_Page_Error
Here’s another method to fix this status_in_page_error. You should check this out if none of the above options have worked.
As per this method, you will have to edit the registry keys in your Windows OS. Mentioned below are those steps.
- First, you should launch the “Run” utility. To do that, you should hit the “Windows” key and “R” keys at the same time. Then, hit the “Enter” key.
- After that, you should enter the text “Regedit” in the given space in the “Run” utility. Hit “Enter” or click on the button labeled “OK“. That will bring a new window labeled “Registry Editor“. In that window, you should open the following path.
Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Nodes > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Windows.
- Select the registry key called “Windows“.
- Now, you should perform a double-click on the option called Applnit_DLL.
- Now, you should delete the number found in the “Edit String“. Click on the button called “OK“.
- Close the “Registry Editor” window. Perform a restart to apply the changes.
So, those are the solutions to try if you experience 0xc0000006 or status_in_page_error in your computer. If nothing works for you, go for a reset of Windows.