0x80071a91 Windows 10 Update error is not an error you should ignore. You should pay serious attention to that error and fix it at your earliest.
Otherwise, you will not be able to install the essential updates to your system. In this article, we explain the most effective methods to fix this error.
As you may already know, you cannot necessarily ignore Windows updates in your system. Windows updates are always important, so they install the latest security patches to the system. Also, updates fix potential bugs you might experience with the current OS.
In addition to that, your system becomes a more stable, smooth, and fast one as a result of updates. So, you should never postpone or cancel updates. In other words, timely system updates are crucial for your system.
However, your updates can be prevented due to various reasons. 0x80071a91 is one of those common errors you might experience on your system and prevent you from installing updates.
So, if you experience 0x80071a91 Windows 10, you are supposed to fix it as soon as possible. Only then will you be able to update the system.
0x80071a91 Windows Update Error
This error occurs as an indication of a failed Windows update. This code will be displayed along with much other information. For instance, it might say there were some errors in the update. Also, it says that the system resource manager did not start properly or turned off.
This error appears when the FSRM fails to work properly. The term FSRM is an abbreviation that represents the term Files Systems Resource Manager. However, that’s not the only reason behind this error.
But the good news is that several solutions address this error regardless of the cause. This article aims to explain all those fixes and help you overcome this error. So, let’s go ahead and learn how to do it.
PS: Here are the top solutions for you if you are experiencing the 0x800703f1 Windows Update Error or the 0x80070426 Error for Windows Update & Microsoft Store.
Fixes to Address 0x80071a91 – Explained
Now, in this section, let’s take a detailed look at the solutions mentioned above. You can go through this information carefully and try those solutions individually. Also, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you must try all the methods.
All you need is to try the first solution and use the second if the first one doesn’t succeed. Then, move to the third solution if the second one also did not work. Likewise, you can try one solution after the other.
Besides, if you are bothered with the Windows Update Error 0x80080008, here are the top fixes.
Solution 1: Get Your System’s FSRM Service Reset to Fix 0x80071a91 Windows 10 Update Error
As we have mentioned before, interruptions related to FSRM are the main cause of the 0x80071a91 error. FSRM is the shortened form for File System Resources Manager.
Whenever there is an interruption related to this service, you might experience 0x80071a91 windows 10. So, it is always better to start with this method first. That is because it is one of the most common reasons behind this issue.
Resetting FSRM should be done using the command prompt as well. If you are not aware of this specific method, let’s go ahead and read the instructions mentioned below.
Also, let’s figure out how to get free RDP for 1 year.
How to Reset Your Fsrm Services Using Command Prompt
- First, you should locate the search box in the main interface of Windows. Then, click on the box and enter the text “Command Prompt“. You will see several options and click on the one representing Command Prompt.
- Now, you should perform a right-click on that icon to see the popup menu. After that, you should choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, you should enter the following lines in the command prompt, which is already open.
- Then, you should hit the “Enter” key after entering that line to execute the command.
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
- When the command is fully executed, you can restart the computer. Then, you should check if the respective error is solved.
Solution 2: If You Have an Antivirus Program Installed in Your System, Deactivate It Temporarily
As a general practice, we all install antivirus programs in our systems. In general, antivirus programs are there to protect your system from a variety of threats.
However, in some cases, your antivirus program can interfere with some of the functions associated with the system.
So, to fix the 0x80071a91 windows 10 error, you can temporarily disable the antivirus program.
The steps to disable your antivirus program might vary based on its brand. So, you may do a little bit of research on it if needed. In general, you can find the option to disable it by right-clicking on the tray icon.
If you don’t notice the 0x80071a91 error after disabling antivirus, that is the culprit you should address. However, if it doesn’t work, you can look for the other solution mentioned in this article.
Solution 3: Reset the Update Components of Your Windows System.
As the next solution, you will have to reset Windows Update components to fix this error. Please find below how you can perform this option.
- Hold down the Windows key while pressing the R key. This will open the Run application. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to use specific functions and programs.
- Simply type “CMD” into the text box provided. After that, hold down the “Ctrl” key while pressing “Shift” and “Enter“. This will open an administrator-level command prompt.
- Whenever a prompt pops up, just touch “Yes” to provide the requested permission.
- In the command-line interface, enter the following instructions. Even better, you can just copy and paste the code into your document. However, after each instruction, make careful to press “Enter“.
Solution 4: Get Rid of the Transaction Logs Related to CLFS (Common Log File Systems)
First, you should launch the Command Prompt. Enter the command lines mentioned below and hit “Enter” after each line.
cd /d %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine
attrib -s -h *
After that, please restart the system and see if it works.
Solution 5: Use the Troubleshooter for Windows Update
To do this, you should locate the start button on your system. Click on it and then hit the cogwheel. That will launch the Settings window.
- Choose Updates & Security
- Select “Troubleshoot“.
- Then, choose the option called “Windows Updates Troubleshooter“.
- Once it is run, you can see if the 0x80071a91 windows 10 error is fixed.
Solution 6: Perform a Restart on Your Windows Update
As the last solution, you can restart your system’s Windows Updates Services. Launch the option called “Service Manager“, and the startup types of the below-mentioned services should be set below.
- Background Intelligent Transfer Services: The startup Type should be manual
- Cryptographic Service: Startup Type should be manual
- Windows Update Service: Startup Type should be Manual (Triggered)
So, that’s how to fix the 0x80071a91 error on your PC. Please let us know if you know of other practical solutions to address this error.